Healthy Dinner Idea – Garlic Butter Salmon
Salmon is power packed with disease fighting acids, minerals and vitamins. So whether you bake it, broil it, grill it or eat it raw salmon is a powerful addition to your healthy lifestyle. Salmon benefits Muscle and Tissue Benefits your heart, brain and nerves and can even speed up your metabolism. That’s why it’s essential to add it to your weekly menu. Here’s great healthy recipe from Taste of Home to try.
Delicious Garlic-Butter Baked Salmon Recipe
Photo by Taste of Home
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
Bake: 10 min. MAKES: 6 servings
2 whole garlic bulbs
4 teaspoons 100% Pure Olive Oil, divided
3 tablespoons butter
6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil.
2. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
3. Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor; add butter and remaining oil. Cover and process until blended; set aside.
4. Place salmon in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with lemon juice. Spoon 1 tablespoon garlic butter over each fillet.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley and rosemary.