Do You Have Candida/Yeast Overgrowth?
Candida is something most people have never heard of yet every one of us has it in our bodies! Candida is a fungus that is a form of yeast. It lives in your mount and intestines. It is usually a good think and helps with digestion but it can also be over produced and lead to many problems. Here are some of the many problems Candida overgrowth can cause:
- Digestion problems/issues including bloating, constipation or diarrhea
- Chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune diseases such as Ulcerative Colitus, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis and others
- Irritability, depression, mood swings and anxiety
- Severe alleries
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, brain fog and ADD or ADHD
These are just a few of the problems that overgrowth of Candida can cause! Healthy bacteria in your gut usually help keep the Yeast/Candida levels in check, but sometimes things that you do or eat unintentionally cause this bacteria to get out of hand. But how can this overgrowth or surplus of Candida/Yeast happen? Here are a few of the causes:
- Living a stressful lifestyle
- Consuming a large amount of refined sugar (which come from many different items such as soda, sweetened ice tea, candy, processed foods, cereal, condiments, etc.)
- Taking oral contraceptives
- Consuming a lot of alcohol
- Taking Antibiotics
How can you know for sure if you have a Candida/Yeast overgrowth problem? There are three ways to test the levels of Candida/Yeast in your body and all of them require a doctor:
- Blood test
- Stool testing
- Urine Organix Dysbiosis Test
How to fix the imbalance:
Once you have been tested and/or have realized that you need to reduce the Candida/Yeast in your system there are steps you can take to get the overgrowth reduced. I also want to point out that even if you do not take a test the following are good practices to do for everyone to either get the Candida/Yeast reduced or to keep it in balance so that you do not face the issues above.
- Taking proboitics
- Improving your diet / Reducing refined sugar intake (sugar feeds yeast so this is crucial)
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Taking a caprylic acid supplement (this acid destroys Candida/Yeast – take only if high levels of Candida/Yeast have been verified in your system
It is important to note that using diet alone can take up to six months, so probiotics and caprylic do offer a shortcut for you to achieve balance in your body, I recommend Nature’s Sunshine’s probiotics and caprylic acid supplements. I recommend Nature’s Sunshine because of the very high quality that Nature’s Sunshine offers. I hope that you found this article about the serious symptoms, causes and cures for Candida/Yeast imbalance helpful.
To your health!