Believe In Yourself: Five Things to Tell Yourself When You Really Want to Quit
Getting healthy and staying healthy can be a struggle. Believe us, we know. It takes diligence, commitment, and downright hard work to maintain a routine that will keep us at an optimum level of wellness. And that’s not easy. There have been many times in our journey when we have just wanted throw everything down in despair and walk away. But here at Open Eye Wellness, there are no quitters! We know that the things we tell ourselves make a huge differences in our lives. We can either discourage ourselves or energize ourselves for what is coming next – the choice is ours! These five statements will help you get back in the game and keep on pushing, even when you are feeling down.
1. “Just start!” These two simple words can do more for us that we know. Far too often, our struggle is just starting to do what we know we need to do. You may want to identify a specific goal that you know you need to reach, but have been avoiding because it is not easy. And tell yourself that you have been sitting back and doing nothing for too long. It’s time to go out of your comfort zone and just start. In the end, you will find the positive results overwhelming!
2. “No grit, no pearl.” You are going through some tough stuff. But always remember, you are gaining something because of it. It is going to take some pain to get what you want, but in the end, it is completely worth it. Sure, you could sit back and do nothing – it seems like the easy way out. But eventually, you will have to look back and see that you have lost something important. And you will regret it forever. So grit your teeth and dig for the treasure! Quitters get nothing. But fighters get the gold.
3. “I can. And I will.” You are your own worst enemy and your own best friend. Instead of badmouthing yourself to yourself, let yourself know that you can do it. And what is more, you will do it. Who cares if there are obstacles in your way? They aren’t stronger than you are. You can overcome whatever lies in your path. It won’t be comfortable. But you know that if you push yourself, you can touch the sky. Get up, get going, and watch yourself triumph.
4. “I will learn from my mistakes.” Everyone hates making mistakes. They make us feel uncomfortable and bad about ourselves. But we view mistakes as one step in the process of success, not a setback. Each and every mistake shows us what we can do better. If we view mistakes correctly, they can help us and not hurt us. Prove that you are not a quitter by learning from your mistakes instead of despairing because of them.
5. “I will inspire other people.” We don’t always remember that the people around us are fighting battles, too. Sometimes all they need is someone to tell them, “I know. I’ve been there. And I have proved that it’s possible to push through!” Our life experiences allow us to offer comfort and support to those around us. Who knows where they are in their journey, and what you have to say might be exactly what they need. Other people will be inspired by your victories and will look to you to as their role model.
Life is tough, but so are you! We know that you can do it!
For more information about Open Eye Wellness, make sure to contact us! We would love to hear about your journey toward happiness and wellness.